Life purpose and time out for you!
You read an introduction to Life Purpose on our Soul page. Now if you haven’t done so as yet, grab a pencil and paper, find a quiet area and let’s begin.
Ask yourself questions such as:
- What do I naturally do well? What am I good at?
- What activities do I enjoy?
- What activities do I think or believe I would enjoy?
- What do I enjoy doing in my spare time?
- Do I enjoy my career and work life?
- What do I feel passionate about? Ie. causes
- What do people ask for my help and/or advice with?
- If money was no concern, what daydream or fantasy would I be fulfilling right now?
- What are the most important ‘life lessons’ I’ve learned so far?
- What things do I want to be remembered for at the end of my life?
- What do I believe are my greatest achievements so far in my life?
- What matters to me most?
And again … What do I feel passionate about? (The answer to this question will give you a huge hint as to your answer …)
Listen to and jot down any ‘answers’ you receive for later review. Allow your thoughts to flow freely, writing down everything that comes to mind. Check how you truly feel about each aspect. Be honest with yourself. Your emotions will indicate your motivations and passions. This in turn leads to enlightenment in regards to the direction of your soul mission and life purpose.
Once you have answers to your questions it is time to review them. To find and define your life purpose it requires honesty with the ‘Self’ first and foremost. Analyse your life from different angles in order to discover any matching themes or trends. Are there any obvious and not-so-obvious patterns? What stands out to you most? What motivates you and makes you feel enthusiastic and excited?
Now define your life mission and write a personal ‘Mission Statement’.
By writing your personal Mission Statement down on paper you are putting the energy of your words out to the Universe and reinforcing the ‘affirmations’ of your life purpose. By writing your personal Mission Statement you are giving yourself permission to live your soul mission and life purpose, reminding yourself of WHO you are and how you choose to live your life.
A Mission Statement consists of:
- Your values, passions and talents. This is your essence.
- Accomplishments you wish to achieve.
- What positive contributions you believe you bring to yourself, others and the world at large.
When writing your personal Mission Statement be sure to use only positive words. Eliminate terms such as ‘I should’ and change them for ‘I WILL’. Express yourself in the present tense, as though you are living your statement right now.
Place your personal Mission Statement in a prominent position where you will see it often. Make a copy or two – keep one at home and one at work. Refer to it often. Memorise it over time.
Don’t wait for the world to make you happy. Only you can make yourself happy and fulfilled and this is achieved by living your Life Purpose. Live your life with passion with purpose and you will design your own life, making yourself happy whilst fulfilling your soul mission.