In an age of increasing pressure, stress, time constraints and exhausting lifestyles, many people are choosing to trade in their demanding ‘careers’ for greater personal freedom and a less stressful ‘job’, even if the pay is less. Many are choosing to downscale their lives and lifestyles by voluntarily choosing ‘simplicity’.
This is in response to the soul’s deep yearning for more ‘connection’ with the inner-self and a more meaningful approach to life. In order to simplify our lives we need to figure out exactly what our true priorities are.
- What are my goals for my career or work life?
- What do I wish to achieve within my relationships?
- How is my health? Have I been caring for myself properly and responsibly?
- What would I like to improve and/or enhance?
Search your soul and ask yourself:
- What do I really want to do? and What do I really want to be?
Take a good look at what you want to become and what it will take to get there.
A good way to begin is to simply focus on your true goals is to write them down, then rank them in order of priority. If you find that the amount of time you spend on your first three priorities or goals is out of sync with your time, it is a clear indication that something needs to change.
Next, ask yourself:
- What am I doing now that is not contributing to my life in a positive way?
- What can I do right now that would take me closer to my goals and aspirations?
A lot of our time is wasted running around in circles, simply because we haven’t taken the time to figure out our true priorities – then act on them.
Review your ‘priority’ list periodically, as they may evolve and change as you walk your path.
Make the best use of your time and energy every day. Schedule time into your day to be true to yourself and take positive steps towards your priorities and goals.